Saturday, May 29, 2010

The Words of Children

These are poems my youngest daughter wrote this year.

I AM

I am (Insert her name here), a younger sister and gymnast.
I feel sad when I can only see my dad every other weekend.
I love warm clothes from the dryer, reading until my head hurts and doing as much gymnastics as I want.
I wonder what gooseberries taste like and what my dad is feeling.
I worry what will happen when I move to Tennessee and if I will make new friends.
I try to help my family and the environment and to eat less junk food.
I dream that I will get an adorable little puppy and not have to chew only sugar free gum.
I am (Insert her name here), a fun loving person and best friend to all.

IF I WERE IN CHARGE OF THE WORLD

If I were in charge of the world, I'd cancel buzzing bumble bees, mean hamsters, very long car drives, and also icky asparagus.

If I were in charge of the world there's be king sized beds for everyone, free Rita's ice cream every day, and big jet tubs in every bathroom.

If I were in charge of the world you wouldn't have to pick up your room.
You wouldn't have to eat dinner before dessert.
You wouldn't have pool water that's to cold or secrets to keep from your sister.
You wouldn't even have an annoying sister.

If I were in charge of the world your favorite show would always be on. You could always drink soda, and a person who doesn't brush her hair or like cats would still be allowed to be in charge of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment