Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Serentity Prayer

The Serentity Prayer is one of my favorite. Especially the first stanza. It is truly the prayer that I go to or say to myself in one form or another in times of need. For those who are not familiar the first stanza of The Serenity Prayer is this

God Grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

These were some of my first thoughts when I heard they were closing the refinery. I do not like to ask God for things, like please give Jack a new job. I tend to try and ask for strength and courage to survive the time until he finds a job.

As the transition for our move progresses I still seem to be falling back on this form of prayer and thought. God seems to be enjoying keeping things moving along but also testing my endurance just a bit. I was able to clean the house and get it ready to sell.

Of course just before it went on the market the gutter fell off and caused damage and I almost lost power. I stress ALMOST because I think God felt power loss may be too much.

As of my handling of that situation and not turning to the devil, ok wine, but not the devil. My house went on the market and got offers very quickly.

Quick offers also lead to a missed detail in the first home inspection which led to me discovering there is water on my wall in basement. (something I would have fixed, BEFORE, we went on market if I knew about it) This may now make me loose my offer.

I am not as greatly concerned about this because I know God seems to be giving good with bad. I have just learned that my mom will need serious surgery.

In my world of good and bad, ups and downs, God giveth and God taketh away. More snow comes tomorrow. If it makes my mothers surgery go better, I say, test me Lord, I will handle the loss of power.

No comments:

Post a Comment